Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Red Hot Yoga



So I had my first session of Pilates, which I will write about separately, but it's more interesting is Red Hot Yoga. Apparently it has opened a new place in Guildford and is gaining popularity by the minute. Susana My friend has been going on for several weeks now and have been 'planned' by the Manager, Clarissa, to try and get me going. I enjoy yoga, hot yoga sounds and more challenging so that is definitely something in my path. However, because of my condition has not improved I will not hesitate at all.


Apparently, Susana had talked to me about Clarissa SPD and after doing extensive research he seems to think that as long as I changed a few moves, I should be able to do it with ease. The key, he says, do not push myself beyond my own comfort level because I do not want to aggravate the pain. 
We set off on Saturday (May 21) and next have not done any exercise since the PT session on Monday, I found myself in the Red Hot Yoga Thursday, joining the 90min class at 8.

I met a nice instructor named Lauren who came from New Orleans! He talked about what I can and cannot do, and through her 90minute sessions kindly help me with the modification of the posture so that I do not re-injure myself.

Conclusion? I think I definitely postpartum body only in the room, and the only one that still shows the flab under my clothes a bit conservative, next to my painted-on dress-almost ridiculously fit, flexible and lean associations yogi. Also, I wish I could be doing more, being unable to make the whole experience quite frustrating. I look like a fat unfit person in the room, and I nearly wore a T-shirt that says "Hey, I just had a baby and I suffered from SPD, OK? Give me a break!"

I confess I do push myself to do the postures that I was not supposed to do, and because of my carelessness, I have suffered from it. Even now, five days after my hot yoga session, I am still a little sore hip.

Anyway, this week's relaxation until our flight back to England on Sunday and I hope that next Tuesday, I will feel a little better and can return to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment